COVID-19 & Reopening
Jackalope has emphasized one guiding principle since March of 2020:
We must protect the health and safety of both employees and customers.
Unlike big box stores and bustling shopping malls, Jackalope has ample parking and wide-open spaces. So we welcome you to come safely shop and explore. Our recognized customer service sets us apart from much of the marketplace.
On Saturday, August 14, 2021, Jackalope preemptively reinstated a mask requirement for all employees - regardless of vaccination status. But now per the just-released and updated mandates by the State of New Mexico, everyone in the state (above age 2), whether vaccinated or not, is required to wear a mask in public indoor spaces.
This requirement went into effect on Friday, August 20, 2021, and lasts at least until Dec. 10, 2021.
Jackalope follows and will continue to follow The State of New Mexico and the CDC’s guidelines and mandates.
We have experienced shutdowns and the financial and emotional havoc that these shutdowns entail are huge. Jackalope will continue to strive to do our part in maximizing the safety of employees and customers AND keeping the doors open. We thank all our customers for helping us stay safe, and helping us keep our customers and community safe, by masking up when inside our premises.
Please stay safe New Mexico. We wish everyone health, perseverance, and fortitude during these rapidly evolving times. We look forward to serving you - with masks on.
Here are the safety and operational changes that Jackalope has made due to the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Customers who are unable to meet the facial covering (mask) requirement are asked to call the store for alternative solutions.
- We have reopened our public restroom facilities as well as our water fountains.
- Disinfectant spray and disinfectant aerosols have been placed in the restrooms. As the restrooms are public we encourage you to sanitize the lavatory before and after use.
- We strongly encourage and prefer credit card transactions.
- We have implemented heightened cleaning protocols of all common areas.
- Employees are requested to repeatedly wash their hands, wipe down their work area, avoid congregating with other employees, allow for ample space between themselves and customers, and more.
- We sincerely request for you to delay your visit if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any Covid-19 related symptoms. We respectfully ask that you follow health guidelines if you recently have been exposed, have tested positive, or are exhibiting symptoms. We cannot thank you enough for helping keep our employees safe and in turn so we can help to keep you and others safe.
- Based on the many changes and rapid developments with Covid-19 transmission rates, Jackalope will adjust our protocol to maximize the safety of employees and customers.
- We know that shopping often is a family affair. But until the pandemic is behind us, we ask that your visit be purpose-driven and expeditious.
We will see you on the other side of this extraordinary and disruptive pandemic. And when we do, you will still find our signature customer service, our unique and quirky array of home and garden decor, and a very grateful staff.