AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM JACKALOPE
On Wednesday, December 2nd, Jackalope plans to reopen our two locations in Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
Jackalope, like so many smaller businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020, has struggled to keep pace with and balance critical health and safety guidelines with operating a sustainable enterprise. We have emphasized one guiding principle since the middle of March: protecting the health and safety of employees and customers must be our primary focus.
Perhaps the single biggest way Jackalope stands out and stands apart from most brick and mortar operations is that we have wide open spaces - both indoor and outdoor. Even during our busiest day of the year, Jackalope can easily meet the 25% maximum occupancy requirement.
As we reopen (again), we proceed with caution, gravitas and vigilance. It is not a small thing to reopen, nor is it a small thing to remain shuttered. At least 50-60 New Mexico based families (employees, merchants, consignors, etc) are directly impacted by our status.
Here are the safety and operational changes that Jackalope has made due to the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Customers and Employees are respectfully required to wear facial coverings whether inside the buildings or outside in the pottery and nursery yards. Facial coverings must be properly worn, covering both nose and mouth.
- Customers who are unable to meet the facial recovering requirement are asked to call the store for alternative solutions.
- We have closed our public restroom facilities (please see a sales associate in the event of an emergency).
- We have reduced our store hours.
- We strongly encourage credit card only transactions.
- We have implemented heightened cleaning protocols of all common areas.
- All employees are required to complete a daily health questionnaire before arriving at work. If the employee is exhibiting symptoms, lives with someone who has been exposed, or has traveled out of state, then we follow government guidelines. Employee temperature is checked daily. Employees are requested to repeatedly wash their hands, to wipe down their work area, to avoid congregating with other employees, to allow for ample space between themselves and customers, and more.
- We sincerely request for you to delay your visit if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any Covid-19 related symptoms. We respectfully ask that you follow health guidelines if you recently have been exposed, have tested positive or are exhibiting symptoms. We cannot thank you enough for helping keep our employees safe and in turn so we can help to keep you and others safe.
- We have and we will limit the number of inside guests/customers to ensure a safe and comfortable shopping experience.
- We request and encourage that additional family members remain home. We know that shopping historically has and can be a family affair. But until the pandemic is behind us, we ask that your visit be purpose driven and expeditious.
Stay tuned as we will announce updates as soon as we have them. But more importantly, stay safe and be well. We will see you on the other side of this extraordinary and disruptive pandemic. And when we do, you will find our signature customer service, our unique and quirky array of home and garden decor, and a very grateful staff.