Jackalope has emphasized one guiding principle since March of 2020:
We must protect the health and safety of both employees and customers.
Unlike big box stores and bustling shopping malls, Jackalope has ample parking and wide-open spaces. So we welcome you to come safely shop and explore. Our recognized customer service sets us apart from much of the marketplace.
With recent changes in guidelines and requirements from both the CDC and the NMDOT, Jackalope no longer requires customers or employees to wear masks. However, we have some employees who choose to continue to mask and we have customers who chose to wear masks as well. We welcome you to shop as you are comfortable.
We will continue to pivot and adjust as guidelines change and adjust. Jackalope will continue to follow The State of New Mexico and the CDC’s guidelines and mandates.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
We have experienced shutdowns and the financial and emotional havoc that these shutdowns entail are huge. Please stay safe New Mexico. We wish everyone health, perseverance, and fortitude during these rapidly evolving times.
Here are the safety and operational changes that Jackalope has made due to the Covid-19 pandemic:
- We have reopened our public restroom facilities as well as our water fountains.
- Disinfectant spray and disinfectant aerosols have been placed in the restrooms. As the restrooms are public we encourage you to sanitize the lavatory before and after use.
- We strongly encourage and prefer credit card transactions.
- We have implemented heightened cleaning protocols of all common areas.
- Employees are requested to repeatedly wash their hands, wipe down their work area, avoid congregating with other employees, allow for ample space between themselves and customers, and more.
- We sincerely request for you to delay your visit if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any Covid-19 related symptoms. We respectfully ask that you follow health guidelines if you recently have been exposed, have tested positive, or are exhibiting symptoms. We cannot thank you enough for helping keep our employees safe and in turn so we can help to keep you and others safe.
- Based on the many changes and rapid developments with Covid-19 variants and transmission rates, Jackalope will adjust our protocol to maximize the safety of employees and customers.
We will see you on the other side of this extraordinary and disruptive pandemic. Hopefully, we are almost there. When you visit, you will always find our signature customer service, our unique and quirky array of home and garden decor, and a very grateful staff.